Since I am relatively new to the blogging world I never really knew what the Versatile Blogger Award actually was until the beautiful Christina from http://lifebeinggirly.com/ nominated me. It was so kind of her and I am so excited that I cannot thank her enough. The goal of my blog is to just simply enjoy the little gems in life and inspire people who cross my path, and when Christina nominated me it was reassurance that I am, slowly but surely, reaching the lives of many. And for that, I cannot be more thankful.
With all that mushy gushy last bit aside… please check out her great blog (link is above)!
The next part requires me, as a nominee, to nominate 15 bloggers that I have discovered and love. Congrats everyone! Here it goes, drum roll please:
1. Rita: http://vodkaandcupcakes.com/
2. Kellie: http://lezoemusings.wordpress.com/
3. Daisy: http://daisysworld.net/
4. Sarah: http://cityjulep.com/
5. Annie: http://www.annies-eats.com/
6. Laura: http://frivolousfringe.com/
7. Serena: http://thespicystiletto.com/
8. Jacey: http://www.damselindior.com/
9. Julia: http://galmeetsglam.com/
10. Lauren: http://lalovesblog.com/
11. Jen: http://pearlsandlaceblog.com/
12. Anna Jane: http://seejaneworkplaylive.blogspot.com/
13. Carli: http://www.thebeautybybel.com/
14. Rhiannon: http://rhiannonduffin.wordpress.com/
15. Jenny: http://www.plogstyle.com/
The last rule says I have to tell you 7 things about myself.
1. I absolutely love to eat healthy but I am obsessed with ice cream/gelato, I consider myself addicted, hence the name of my blog Gems and Gelato.
2. Aside from blogging, I work in a children’s hospital with very sick children who I aim to cheer up and inspire every day
3. I go to grad school in NYC and love the hustle and bustle of the city in the morning but am exhausted by the end of the day (haha)
4. My favorite nail polish color is “Ballet Slippers” by Essie, but when I go to the nail salon it takes me about 10 years to pick a nail color even though I know my mani will most likely chip the next day.
5. I have been going out with my boyfriend for over 6 years (oh my goodness, right?)
6. I love to bargain shop, I have so much fun rummaging through the racks for a cute outfit at a great price. It’s like hitting a mini lottery.
7. I absolutely love, love, love, inspirational quotes and read them every single day.
Thank you Christina, and congratulations to all the newly nominated bloggers!